Recently the West Coast Book Prize Society announced the finalists for this year's BC Book Prizes. Presently annually since 1985, prizes are handed out in seven different categories, all celebrating the achievements of writers and publishers hailing from British Columbia.
We'd like to congratulate our members and their authors who received nominations this year:
- Arsenal Pulp Press & Aaron Chapman for Live at the Commodore: The Story of Vancouver's Historic Commodore Ballroom for the Bill Duthie Booksellers' Choice Award
- Biblioasis & Kathy Page for Paradise & Elsewhere for the Ethel Wilson Fiction Prize
- Caitlin Press & Rob Budde for Dreamland Theatre for the Dorothy Livesay Poetry Prize; Christine Lowther for Born Out of This for the Roderick Haig-Brown Regional Prize; and Jay Sherwood for Surveying Southern British Columbia: A Photojournal of Frank Swannell, 1901-07
- Coach House Books & Jen Currin for School for the Dorothy Livesay Poetry Prize
- Guernica Editions & Michael Springate for The Beautiful West & The Beloved of God for the Ethel Wilson Fiction Prize
- Nightwood Editions & Kayla Czaga for For Your Safety Please Hold On for the Dorothy Livesay Poetry Prize
- Talonbooks & Cecily Nicholson for From the Poplars for the Dorothy Livesay Poetry Prize
- Thistledown Press & Eileen Kernaghan for Sophie, in Shadow for the Sheila A. Egoff Children's Literature Prize
The winners of this year's awards will be announced on April 25th at a special event in Vancouver. To learn more about the awards and to see a full list of this year's nominees, please visit the BC Book Prizes website.